Purchase, repairs and sale of pallets – explanation of the concept of EUR / EPAL pallets:
The EUR / EPAL pallet is a European four-way wooden interchangeable pallet, measuring 800 x 1200 x 144 mm (hereinafter referred to as the pallet), corresponding to the KODEX standard of the International Union of Railways (UIC) No. 435-2. Manufactured and quality tested and marked according to the ČSN 26 9110 standard. This standard imposes on manufacturers how pallets are to be designed, marked and also how their inspection is to be performed. More about pallet standards: Czech state standards
Basic designation of new pallets:
New EUR pallets:
- The UIC mark is on the left cube of the pallet.
- On the centre cube of the pallet is the IPPC identification, as well as the UIC production clip, which is proof that the pallet was manufactured under a license.
- On the right cube of the pallet is the EUR mark.
New EPAL pallets:
- The left and right cubes of the pallet are marked with EPAL.
- On the centre cube of the pallet is again the IPPC identification and the EPAL production clip, which proves that the pallet was manufactured under a license
Structure of EUR / EPAL pallets:
20 individual wooden elements of pallets (planks and cubes), dimensions are given in mm:
- 4 planks 22 x 145 x 1200 (1 bottom plank milled on both sides)
- 4 planks 22 x 100 x 1200 (2 bottom planks milled on both sides)
- 3 planks 22 x 145 x 800 (ledge)
- 6 cubes 78 x 100 x 145 (can be pressed)
- 3 cubes 78 x 145 x 145 (can be pressed)
- 78 nails (54 big, 24 small)
- EUR / EPAL weighs circa 20 – 24 kg
Links to pallet certification instances: